Sola Fide! Sola Gratia! Sola Scriptura!
• feel that you struggle with day to day things and don’t know why?
• feel that others don’t understand what you are trying to tell them?
• feel that your connection to God has been broken?
• constantly worry, get anxious, or even angry?
• feel sadness, alone, shame, or grief?
• feel that there is something wrong with you, yet, you just can’t figure out what it is?
• have marital difficulties?
First, I want you to know that God is still there. He is ready to listen to you. He is ready to help you, comfort you, and give you peace.
Second, most people have difficulties because they simply don’t understand themselves. Some of the things you may consider as difficulties are normal to your created being. God created all of us, in His image, unique, and for a purpose. When God knit us in the womb, like finger prints, He gave us each a unique set of temperaments. We all have different strengths, weaknesses, likes, dislikes, and talents. Some people are better scholastically, with a trade, or as a leader.
A weakness should never be looked upon as hopeless. Some weaknesses can be strengths, not only for you, but for someone else. If this sounds a bit confusing to you, that is good. It means that you are among the entire world’s population of people who don’t know everything. This is why counseling is so very important and why counseling should not be viewed as, “Counseling is just for those with issues or problems.” That viewpoint could not be further from the truth since we ALL have issues and problems.
Counseling should be viewed as an “Education of Life.” The counselor is the professor and the counseling office is the classroom. This is where we learn the things we do not know that are causing conflict in our lives. This is where our attitudes and behaviors change; where our conflicts get resolved; and our issues are dealt with, with multiple choices. The reality is, we go through life only doing what we know (learned behavior). Because we do not have the full understanding of who God created us to be, and we have not mastered the art of life, the classroom always has seating and the Professor is always ready to teach. Come, get your continuing education credits of life and learn the things that you don’t know.
Class is about to begin. The bell is ringing. Call me.
We all fear, that because we have issues, God does not want anything to do with us. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
Your wedding day approaches and you feel unassured about your relationship. There have been small to large disagreements. You don’t feel as though your future spouse really understands you.
Pre-Marital Counseling is the perfect way to fully understand the relationship you have between you and your fiancé.
Most problems are simply the result of not understanding ourselves and being able to communicate to our partners.
What We Do
The goal of therapy is to help you break down barriers that interfere with your connection to God. Some of these barriers are superficial; others are deeper and harder to break down. As Peace Counseling Services (PCS) Christian Counselors, we will help you chip away at the barriers by helping you understand your temperament and address your unmet needs. By this, you will understand why you do what you do and with God’s Word, gain a new understanding of self and of others. PCS Christian Counseling utilizes a holistic approach to ensure that the “whole” person is cared for (mind, body, & soul). PCS Christian Counseling shows you the way to true healing through Christ.
We use an Arno Profile System (APS) in our first stages of counseling. What is an APS?
• It is a mathematically measured, accurate response form that saves countless hours of counseling time.
• It enables the counselor to have insight that can effect changes; bringing the client to lasting emotional well-being and spiritual maturity.
• This information also gives the counselor the ability to detect areas where the client is vulnerable to spiritual setbacks and emotional breakdown.
• These areas, once identified, can then be acted upon to stop immediate problems and to prevent future problems before they can arise.
Temperament, in simple terms, is the inborn (not genetic. i.e., but the) part of man that determines how he reacts to people, places and things. In short, it is how people interact with their environment and the world around them.
Temperament is a determing factor in:
• Finding a career that is most comfortable for us.
• Finding hobbies that will bring us the most satisfaction and enjoyment.
• How we can make decisions and take on responsibilites.
• How dependent or independent we are.
• Our spiritual development.
Therapy utilizes a holistic approach to ensure that the “whole” person is cared for (mind, body, & soul).
Being troubled does not mean that you have something wrong with you. It simply means, Satan has found a way to play upon your weaknesses, keeping you away from connecting with God.
Call Us Today! 507-200-2148
By appointment only
Office & Group Center Location: 1 1/2 N. Minnesota St. New Ulm, MN 56073
(Upstairs above the New Ulm Chamber of Commerce)
Mailing: 710 N. Minnesota St. New Ulm, MN 56073
To learn more about Temperament click on the orange Temperament button and watch the Power Point video.